Friday, December 28, 2007

Back in the bus

Spent a full day filling holes and drilling new ones in a perfectly good boat, along with tinkering with control mechanisms and linkages at Amac's house.  Other peoples equipment seems to be blowing up around me.  Amac has some theory that every thing he looks at he should reinforce because it is going to break. He is wrapping everything in sight with carbon tows or cloth it is kinda funny.  My solution for him was to just close his eyes, though I am starting to succumb to the panic.  I am going to give my boat a full look over tomorrow and maybe add a little carbon even though I have had some personal guarantees from Simon owen Smith that my stuff wont break.  Luckily it seems that I must be fairly gentle with my boat because of the lack of breakages.  If your gonna go for a crash don't try to save it just sit back and enjoy the ride.

This is one of the few times in my life I am cautious of going sailing because I do not want to break anything before a regatta that I don't even get scored in.  At least according to Luka Damic.  

Thanks to Alan Block of Blocksail.com for getting my last video up on Sailing Anarchy, I can't believe that 4000 people have watched the video in about 24 hours.  I have signed up to give reports from the nationals.  From what I have heard is it always blows 20, the chop is "not that bad" hah, there is lots of sharks, lots of flies, and really hot.  Wonderful 

Oh yeah it is supposed to be around 110 degrees F the next couple of days.

well I should try to get some sleep, been struggling as of late and it is too late to be making any more noise around the house working on moth stuff.

No comments: