Thursday, December 13, 2007

Melbourne

We arrived in Melborne Yesterday, after a quick bite to eat. Rohan took us to the Bladerider factory.
Bear picked up his new boat mine does not come till monday.  Bear put on a custom part Phil got built for us.  I think Amac is a little jealous I told him it is gold.  The new piece is the one connecting the bell crank to the push rod.
 
Went sailing in the evening and raced in the Black Rock YC sunset series, won it flat out.  I did not know the course and had to slow down and let the lead 14 show me the way for the first lap.  It was amazing how much faster the Bladerider is than the 14.  I asked Rohan if the 14 guys were any good, guess they won worlds two years ago so they definately have game.  Had some huge pitch poles.  Made myself laugh good one time, After hitting the water I was protecting my head with my hands from being hit by the boat. When I opened my eyes it made me laugh how far I was away from the boat, at least 30ft.   Black Rock YC is an amazing place I wish places like this existed in the states.


Went to the Ronstan factory this morning and Rohan picked up some new blocks to try on the moth, then went down to Black Rock and rigged boats waiting for breeze. A light breeze eventually came in and bear took it to full advantage.  Bear got real time on the water coaching through the use of the Headzone helmet which has a radio built into it.

It was impressive to see how quickly his skills improved under a little expert coaching.   Eventually Amac showed up when the wind built and I took his boat out to goof off trying a little free style.  It is so nice not to be recognized :)
                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments: