Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Global warming my butt

It is supposed to be getting closer to summer and I call BS! It has been cold but this morning takes the cake. 42 degrees f (5c) air temp and the water is still 38 degrees f (4c). I would love to watch chris try to adapt to here. I almost have the setup to the point where I can fully hike hard downwind without fear of going in the water. Small Bonus I guess, but I digress, I am certain the average temperature has been dropping by the week. I really am starting to wonder when the canal is going to freeze, this sucks!!

I was thinking a good gauge of how much sailing someone does is how many mainsheets you go through. I am on my sixth mainsheet since december. Chris what are you up to?


Little bit of Melges action this past weekend. I got to sail with Patrick Drummond, his cousin Brian Poppert, and our rockstar bow guy Bobby Cox.
Patrick and I have now won the Muskegon Melges event 6 out of 7 years and the one year we did not win we were not there. It was typical muskegon blowing the dogs of the chain, flat water and big shifts... AWESOME!!!
here are a couple pictures





Note the "technical denim and the old ass spray top" as todd jones called me out on. The race is on with him to see how much nikwax can be put on jeans to make them water proof.


In case you were wondering yes i went sailing. Oh yeah last thought, i got to chat with Toby Heppell of The Daily Sail for a while yesterday and should get a nice article to read out of it.

2 comments:

Dubai Moth Association said...

7 i think, does it count when i turn it round???

Bora Gulari said...

yes your gayness!
:)